enquiries@barkerevanslaw.co.uk     Call us on: 0115 77 22 129     Login

Complaints Policy

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we provide then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, you can write to us setting out the details of your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman would normally expect you to give us a minimum of 8 weeks to try to resolve your complaint. Normally you should try to raise your complaint with us within a year of the incident which has caused you to complain to us.

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you may take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response from us to your complaint


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, here’s how to contact them.

Contact details

Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.

Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk

Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) can help you if you are concerned about our standards of behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Normally the SRA would expect you to complain to the Legal Ombudsman who can if necessary draw the matter to the attention of the SRA if there appears to have been a breach of the Solicitors Code of Conduct.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority operates a discretionary compensation fund. You can find more information about the SRA Compensation Fund here