Will Writing Services
Wills – Your Way
Our Will Writing Services
Everyone should make a Will. That’s why we’ve designed our Will writing services to suit everyone.
If you should die without making a Will the result for your family could be damaging and distressing.
Here are some reasons why dying without a Will is not a good idea:
- Statutory rules known as the intestacy rules will dictate who receives your assets
- Unmarried partners don’t receive anything under the current intestacy rules
- Following death it is necessary to carry out expensive searches to check there definitely isn’t a Will
- There are often more delays and extra costs involved in dealing with an estate when there is no Will
- Family disputes are more likely to arise if there isn’t a Will
- There could be more tax to pay in some circumstances
- Children and vulnerable adults in your family could be exposed to unnecessary risks
- The people entitled to deal with your assets if you die without a Will might be people you don’t trust
Whether your circumstances are straightforward or complex we have a service for you.
Why do we call our Will writing services ‘Wills – Your Way’?
We call our Will writing services Wills – Your Way because that is exactly what we aim to do. We write your Will in the way you want. We offer help and advice at a time and place to suit you.
Our Will writing services provide Wills individually crafted to each client’s wishes. But if you are short of time or prefer to DIY you could try our online Wills available 24/7.
What is involved?
- Our no-obligation initial consultation to explain the options
- We point out likely pitfalls
- Suggest solutions to match your wishes.
- Explanations are in easy, jargon-free terms.
Will registration is widely considered to be an important part of making sure clients’ wishes are carried out.
If your Will can’t be found after you’re gone your assets may have to be distributed under the intestacy rules and your chosen beneficiaries may lose their inheritances.
We are members of the leading national Will Registration organisation, approved by the Law Society of England and Wales. We can arrange for your Will to be registered with the Certainty National Will Register for a reduced fee and if you wish we can also store your Will free of charge.
How to get started – use our questionnaire
If you don’t know what sort of things you should include in your Will try downloading our helpful Will questionnaire Download.
The questions take you step-by-step through things we need to know to write your Will.
You can email or post it to us and we’ll respond with our fixed fee quotation for the work required to give you the Will that’s just right for you. If we need more details we’ll let you know.
Alternatively, if you want a chat first just give us a call to arrange a face-to-face meeting.
Do you need to include a trust in a Will?
Here are some reasons for choosing to include a trust in your Will:
- To protect family or business assets
- To provide for young children
- To protect disabled or vulnerable family members
- To preserve a share of your assets for children from a previous relationship
- To control how assets are passed down the generations of the family
- To prevent beneficiaries from ‘wasting’ their inheritance
- To provide a gift for the benefit of the wider community
For more information about trusts see our Trust Services
Are Wills Useful for Asset Protection Planning?
Our Will writing services include advice on developing an asset protection or care planning strategy, where that is appropriate. Why not ask us for an asset protection audit and find out how you can plan for later life.
Leaving Gifts to Charity
We are supporters of the Remember A Charity campaign and regularly prepare Wills for clients who want to leave something in their Wills for their favourite charities. Each year we help clients to pledge tens of thousands of pounds for good causes and advise them on the best ways to achieve that aim.
It is also possible to reduce Inheritance tax on your estate when you die by leaving a proportion of your assets to charity and at the same time increase the value of your gift to charity, provided that the Will is prepared in the correct way.
We can explain how to structure your charitable gifts in your Will in the best way to achieve tax savings.
Read more about making gifts
Will Writing Fees
Fees for our Will writing services start from as little as £150.
We always provide full details of our charges before we start any work and we can offer easy payment terms in some circumstances.
Ask us for a quote
To find out more or to ask for a written quotation or to enquire about any of our other services call us on 0115 7722129 or submit your details on the form below.
Back to Services